M.Ed. (Educational Psychology), Post. Grad. Dip. Psych, Grad. Cert. Health Psychology., B.Ed., Dip. Counselling, Cert. Nutritional and Integrative Interventions for Mental Health (PESI), Member APS
To book an appointment with Lorraine click on one of the links below
Lorraine Cushing -Kleber
M.Ed. (Educational Psychology), Post. Grad. Dip. Psych
Grad. Cert. Health Psychology., B.Ed., Dip. Counselling
Cert. Nutritional and Integrative Interventions for Mental Health (PESI)
Lorraine Cushing-Kleber is an experienced senior registered psychologist with post-graduate qualifications in both Educational and Health Psychology, and a board-approved supervisor.
Lorraine works with:
- Children and adolescents
- Couples (Gottman, EFT and Imago)
- Families (Family therapy)
Lorraine Cushing describes herself as a holistic Psychologist with a passion for helping people transform their lives.
Lorraine Cushing has worked in a range of settings including schools, universities, and trauma services in Australia, France, The Netherlands and Switzerland. Lorraine works with adults, children, adolescents and families and combines a range of therapeutic techniques such as cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), mindfulness, narrative therapy, Schema therapy and DBT and trauma informed interventions.
She also runs groups for children and adolescents on a range of topics such as anxiety, resilience, social skills (Cool kids and Peers) and runs various workshops for adults and parents. In addition to children and adolescents, she has particular expertise in women’s health, workplace burn out and with expatriates and cultural transition.
Lorraine also provides supervision for School Counsellors and provisional psychologists and runs training for schools and teachers.
Lorraine Cushing is also a trained relationship/couples counsellor and has completed training with The Gottman Institute, Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) and Imago therapy. She is also a certified Calling in the ‘One’ and ‘Conscious Uncoupling’ Coach and trained under the mentorship of Katherine Woodward-Thomas.
Please contact Lorraine to find out more.
Lorraine is also an instructor for Mental Health First Aid for Youth, Teens and Adult programs.
Lorraine provides support for a range of issues such as:
- Life & wellness coaching
- Low mood/anxiety/depression/social anxiety
- Trauma/Post-Traumatic Stress
- Relationship issues/dating/divorce/separation/ uncoupling
- Work and career issues
- Expatriate and relocation issues
- Stress and adjustment issues
- Work Burn-out and fatigue
- Chronic illness and pain
- Grief and loss
- Women’s Health
- Men’s Health
- ADHD, ASD, Social skills, Emotional Regulation, Neurodiversity
- LGBTIQ support
Lorraine will be available for either face to face or telehealth (zoom or phone) appointments in our Roseville office on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Lorraine will also be available for telehealth only appointments (Zoom or telephone) on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Please look out for the many groups that Lorraine will be running in 2022 and get in touch if you'd like to register interest or find out more.
- Mental Health First Aid for both Youth and Adult Course - Face to Face training and Online Version
- Friendship building skills for children 7-12
- Social Skills for Tweens
- Social skills for adolescents
- Resilience skills for Tweens and Teen girls
- Parenting an adolescent
- Transform Your Lovelife - Key Relationship Building Skills to improve your relationships
- Rebuilding - Thriving after Heartbreak, Separation and Divorce