Joanne McCarthy Registered Psychologist MAPS PSY0001276342
Joanne McCarthy is a warm, respectful professional- skilled at developing meaningful connections with clients, empowering them to enact change in their lives.
A Registered Psychologist, Joe has 15 years’ experience working with children, adolescents and families, experiencing stress, anxiety, depression, self-harm, bullying, family conflict and grief and loss. She is also passionate about supporting young mothers through this stressful life transition.
Joanne McCarthy is passionate about her clients being the ‘expert’ in their own lives and works from a strengths based perspective. Joe uses a variety of evidence based techniques including Brief Solution Focused Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness, Motivational Interviewing and Narrative Therapy.
Joanne (Joe) McCarthy is particularly interested in working from a Family Systems perspective, in order to help her clients understand how their individual actions affect each other and the family unit as a whole.
Joanne McCarthy practices at our Lindfield location. She is available for appointments on Fridays.
Qualifications, Memberships & Registrations:
- BA (Psychology), PGDip (Psychology), PGDip Social Health/ Applied Psychology- Macquarie University.
- Cert 4- Alcohol & other Drugs
- Registration to provide psychology services with Medicare
- Psychology registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) (PSY0001276342)
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Registered Supervisor of Psychologists with AHPRA